and quiet, this "vintage"
Built in 1949, the original owners and designers of this classic 1940's apartment house were ahead of their time. In those days, apartments were built as residences for the owners as well. So Mr. & Mrs. Reeves, whose names appear on the original building permit, made sure each apartment offered the true amenities of a home. Sold in 1956, their apartment house jewel has remained in the same family ever since.
Time and attention has been spent on the gardens and grounds. You'll find daylily, camelia, bearded iris, lily of the Nile, gardenia, azalea, hibiscus, bougainvillea, and bird of paradise. Each season brings something new. Wildlife enjoy the grounds as well. An occasional raccoon and opossum have made appearances. Hummingbirds are constant residents, as well as morning doves, sparrows, finches, and even hawks. In late summer, there is a spectacular show when as many as two hundred hummingbirds flock to the feeders.
This building has been designated an official Backyard Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. Go to our listing on the National Wildlife Federation website.
Naturally, this is a pet-friendly building; pet owners seeking an exceptional residence will find likeminded friends.